I have seen the Liebster Award mentioned in some of the blogs I visit but had no idea what it was until I was nominated by the beautiful Naya from the party parrot blog. We only know each other through Instagram, but if we ever meet Naya, I am gonna give you a big hug 🙂 It means a lot that you like my blog and think it worthy of this award !
Part 1 – Moving on to Naya’s 11 questions
Q: What do you love the most about being a blogger ?
I always loved writing and blogging is a way of exploring that passion. Specially when some thing I write, strikes a chord with a reader – it’s an amazing feeling. And I love chatting with fellow bloggers, some whom I’ve never seen and are half a world away .
Q: How did your life change since you started pursuing a blogging career?
I have a form of Lupus that at times is debilitating and because of that I am not working at the moment. And I have very few friends in Dubai. But blogging has allowed me to make connections with a group of lovely and amazing people. So I don’t feel so alone any more.
Q: What is your main advise to those people, who just started their blogs?
To be yourself and not try to copy anyone else ! I was quite hesitant to start my blog because it seemed like a lot of bloggers out there are talented makeup artists as well (they seem to have more followers than others). They do looks, tutorials and other complicated stuff which I will never able to do. I felt like if I start writing, no one will read what I have to say. And I was amazed when I realised people do like what I write about. So be true to yourself and write about what you want, not what others are writing or posting !
Q: If you could be an ambassador of any beauty/fashion brand – which one would it be? And why ?
Well, it should be Proactive. Not because I like it but because it’s the only thing that keeps my acne in check. It’s the stuff infomercials are made of See my post here
Q: When it comes to writing, what inspires you the most?
Reading, I think to be a better writer one must love reading. Magazines, online articles and fellow bloggers provide great inspiration (WordPress Reader is great because it allows you follow , search and read posts of other bloggers).
Q: What is one HG beauty product that you cannot live without?
Tinted lip balm. It makes me feel dressed up even when I am wearing nothing but my sunscreen.
Q: Would you eventually want to start a YouTube channel?
Not really. I think I would come across really awkward and I prefer writing to talking 🙂
Q: Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram all the way ! It’s such a addictive, visual medium.
Q: If you could add any new brand to Sephora, which one would it be?
Cover-fx. I have a lot of acne scars and from everything I’ve read this range is amazing for covering up scars. Sephora Middle East are you listening ?
Q: Online or real-life shopping?
Real life shopping any day ! I am a born hunter gather and love spending hours in a store just browsing. And most of the time I prefer to see and try on something before buying. I just don’t get the same buzz from online shopping.
Q: Last but not least, lipstick or lip gloss?
I love both and adore the current crop of hybrid lipstick glosses. But most of the time it depends on my mood.
Part 2 – Nominations
These are few of the blogs I follow and love (via their blogs and Instagram).
Part 3 – the rules
1. Please thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog
2. Display the award on your blog – by including it in your post or using it as a widget
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided by the person who nominated you
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award (with less that 1000 followers)
5. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer
6. List these rules in your post.
7. Once published, inform people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award and provide a link to your post, so that they can learn more about it!
Part 4 – Here are my questions for the nominees
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging?
3. What’s your pet peeve/s when it comes to blogging ?
4. What TV show are you currently watching?
5. What was the last book you read?
6. What’s one thing you want but can’t have?
7. What’s your favorite colour (when it comes to makeup or clothes)?
8. What’s your favorite makeup item ?
9. Are you a skincare or a makeup person ?
10. Cats or dogs ?
11. What’s your favorite high street clothing brand ?
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding this post.